Κυριακή 14 Μαρτίου 2010

Caroline Bassett - Contemporary Jewelry

Caroline Bassett is a contemporary jewelry designer and maker based in New Zealand. I came across her work on Kit and Caboodle and after some research I found out that our stories are quite alike. After a dissatisfying job she decided to go back to school and that's how she started making jewelry.

Below are some photos of her recent beauties along with her statement about her work:



"Jewellery is always a fervent character in my life, and is seen is an extension of the body and mind. My specialty is fabrication and surface manipulation. The enjoyment of the problematic is a strong aspect of my jewellery construction and practice. I love to solve."



"Most work is created in enjoyment for Memory, Thought and Visual hedonism. Most facets centred from and around in the minds eye. It is these three things that govern my works using photography and illustration as the vehicle to enliven the audience and hopefully awaken a special connection."



Information and images via Caroline Bassett, gallery thirty three

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου