Σάββατο 10 Οκτωβρίου 2009

Philip Tsiaras - The Supereal

"I think what I like about being an artist... is the freedom to investigate anything I feel, at any time, in any way. I'm not formally trained, so I don't have any preconceptions as to how I should or shouldn't go about doing something." Philip Tsiaras



The Thessaloniki Museum Of Photography presents the first exhibition in Greece of the international artist Philip Tsiaras. Displayed at the exhibition will stand more than 200 selected works of the artist, covering his whole photographic output from 1971 to date. Until December 6 2009.




Philip Tsiaras (b. 1952) is an international artist of Greek origin, who lives and works in New York City. Tsiaras works in a great range of media–painting, photography, glass, ceramic, and bronze. He has exhibited in the Venice Biennale three times and produced a ten foot bronze sculpture on the Grand Canal entitled “Social Climber”.Since 1974 he made more than 75 one-person exhibitions.




Images and information via Philip Tsiaras, art topos, photo.gr


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου